Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate Rectory Building Renovation
The Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate Parish Rectory building is an existing 15,820 SF heritage designated building built in 1857 and serves as a residence and office for the church. The scope of work was made up of two major phases;
Phase one: abatement work, selective demolition on the interior and exterior, historical masonry work and foundation waterproofing.
Phase two: rebuilding the Rectory in a heritage approach and a new addition replacing the existing one. Construction involved all new utilities and services from existing municipal infrastructure to the building, excavation, backfill and imported granular/exported spoils from the site, below-grade heritage masonry restoration, pour in place concrete foundations for the new addition, full foundation waterproofing and drainage, full-scale abatement, selective interior demolition of existing floors and walls for the function of the new building operations, extensive restructuring of the existing floor systems, extensive historical masonry restoration, extensive parging restoration of the exterior, and preserved and exposed original masonry.
In addition to the above, CSL completed new mechanical, electrical, data and voice infrastructure, restoration of the roof structure, and a brand-new roof system. Historic replica vinyl windows were installed, as well as all new trim and doors that complemented the building’s original architecture.