Josh Blackler, G.S.C.
Partner, Vice President
After graduating from Conestoga College’s, Architecture – Construction Engineering Technology (ACET) program, Joshua joined the CSL team in May 2006 as a Junior Estimator. As CSL was still in its infancy, Joshua drew on the experience of David Timlock and senior Project Managers to develop his skills.
With an aptitude for logically solving problems and a strong technical understanding of construction, estimating was a natural fit for Joshua. As CSL began to grow organically, so did Joshua’s ability, stepping into his new position of Chief Estimator after only seven short years with the firm. In this new position, Joshua now managed a team of estimators, reviewing all estimates and bids prepared by the company. In 2012, David Timlock invited Joshua to become a shareholder, and upon accepting, became the firm’s second partner. In 2014, Joshua stepped into his current position as Vice President.
In addition to his role on the Management Team, Joshua is responsible for the majority of the firm’s purchasing and contract negotiations, both with owners and subcontractors.
Accreditations & Affiliations
- Conestoga College – Advanced Diploma: Architecture – Construction Engineering Technology
- OACETT – Certified Engineering Technologist
- Canadian Construction Association – Gold Seal Certified, Estimator
- Canadian Construction Association – Construction Estimator Level 1 & 2, 2006
- Canadian Construction Association – Project Estimator Level 1 & 2, 2006
- Member – Conestoga College Bachelor of Applied Technology (Honours) – Architecture – Project and Facility Management –
- Program Advisory Committee